What-is-Poison-Ivy CLAYER- green clay - healing clay - bentonite clay

What is Poison Ivy?

Poison ivy is a plant that is commonly found throughout much of the United States and parts of Canada. It is known for its ability to cause an itchy, blistering rash in many people who come into contact with it.

Poison ivy grows as a vine or a shrub and is typically found in wooded areas, along fences and hedges, and in gardens. It has small, green, waxy leaves that are arranged in groups of three. The plant produces small, white or green flowers and small, white or tan berries.

Poison ivy contains an oil called urushiol, which can cause an allergic reaction when it comes into contact with the skin. The reaction typically begins within a few hours to a few days after exposure and can last for several weeks. Symptoms may include redness, itching, and blistering of the skin, as well as swelling and discomfort.

If you come into contact with poison ivy, it's important to wash the affected area with soap and water as soon as possible to remove the oil from your skin. Over-the-counter creams and lotions can help to alleviate symptoms, and a healthcare professional may prescribe stronger medications if necessary. It's also a good idea to avoid coming into contact with poison ivy in the future by learning to identify the plant and taking precautions when spending time in areas where it may be present.

Clayer ingredient is FDA approved to assist the healing of Poison Ivy


Back to blog